Wednesday 6 November 2013

Favorite Quote From My Sister's Keeper

Yesterday, I finished reading my book for Creative Writing, My Sister's Keeper. I've read this book before, but it's been a while. As I was rereading it, I remembered what had happened but I still found each new event a surprise to me. I really liked the book, and it was one of those books that makes you cry at the end, though I won't tell you why. But as I was reading, I found one quote that really stood out to me:

"When you don't know where you're headed, you find places no one else would ever think to explore"

I really liked this quote because of its truth. It was actually talking about a memory the mother had, of when the five of them all got in the car, with no specific destination in mind, and let the kids choose a road to turn down every so often. Eventually they ended up at an old cottage to rent out without heat or electricity. But they found it because they didn't know where they were going, and they ended up having a really good time. I think this applies to real life as well. You don't always have to have everything in your life planned out. If you plan out everything, you'll miss the fun and spontaneous events that happen as a result of just "going with the flow".

No comments:

Post a Comment