Tuesday 24 September 2013

My Passion Is....

Reading. Well, I don’t know if I really consider it a passion of mine, but it’s something I really enjoy doing. As lame as it sounds, I just really love reading a good book. There’s something about curling up in bed with a cup of tea and a good book, and getting lost in another person’s world that really appeals to me. I’ve grown up with a love of reading, and I have my parents to thank for that. Well at least my mother. She used to read me stories all the time when I was a little kid, which I believe is how I learned to love it. Once I learned how to read, that was all you would ever find me doing, and I became very advanced. I love reading because I love being able to see into other people’s worlds, even if their fictional, and pretend to live their lives. It’s nice to temporarily forget about your own life and problems for a while. 

2 comments:

  1. Becca, I know exactly what you mean! I might not be so thrilled about tea, but I can agree on the 'good book' thing! I just realized that we've never had a conversation about books. What kind of books do you like? I'm more into thrillers than romance, personally.


    P. S. The computer wanted to change your name to "Mecca"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm mainly a romance novel person, but I'm open to pretty much anything. I kind of like books about medicine and illnesses, the terminology you have to learn is so cool. Mysteries are another favorite of mine.

      Delete