Monday 30 September 2013

6 Word Memoir #6 - Growing Up


Photo Credit: Kathy Roger

Writers Note:

Remember how carefree the old days were? We didn’t have to worry about school, or the future, or even how our hair or outfits looked, who was looking and who was judging us. Our biggest worry was getting a swing before they were all taken at the beginning of recess, or what we wanted to be for Halloween. We were so innocent, so young. Not to mention cute. Growing up sucks. I wish I could have been young forever, but unfortunately life doesn’t work that way. I really like this photo and I chose to use it because me and my brother look so innocent and little, and we are no longer like that today. 
I used commas to make sure that people would take breaks while reading the sentence, and they didn't read it too fast. It helps people to look at the picture with each word and think about it. I placed the words at the bottom because I think that's where they looked the best, so you would see the picture and my face before you read the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment